Camp Hodia is fun and offers kids the opportunity to share common experiences, meet others with diabetes, and form meaningful friendships. For many campers this is their first time away from home. Our programs strive to foster self-esteem and self-reliance in a safe, healthy environment. Learn about Health at Hodia »
Idaho Diabetes Youth Programs, Inc. (dba Camp Hodia), a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, sponsors camps and programs for youth with type 1 diabetes regardless of their ability to pay.
Our programs are designed to foster self-reliance, education and inspiration through healthy self-management of type 1 diabetes, often in outdoor environments. Our staff, teaching by example, provide mentoring and support to participating children and teens, and their families, in a safe, healthy and respectful environment.
Our primary goal is to guide children, teens, and young adults with type 1 diabetes in understanding and making healthy choices. To do this, we will:
- Encourage positive relationships among people living with diabetes, showing them they are not alone.
- Seek to inspire confidence and the ability to live successfully with type 1 diabetes through teachable moments offered as on-the-spot educational experiences and dedicated programs.
- Help participants understand wellness and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Provide support and tools for healthy living to young adults with diabetes so that they may develop positive well-being and supportive social networks.
- Accept participants regardless of their ability to pay.